Beatles piano withdrawn from sale: Auctioneers
London: A coffee-stained piano used by The
Beatles at London`s Abbey Road studios has been withdrawn from
sale, the auctioneers said on Sunday, without giving a reason for
The battered Challen upright piano, which can be heard on
hits such as "Paperback Writer" and "Tomorrow Never Knows",
both recorded in Abbey Road in 1966, was valued at more than
100,000 pounds (150,000 dollars, 120,000 euros).
"This lot has been withdrawn," Bonhams auctioneers said
on its website. A spokeswoman said she could not comment
on why the sale was cancelled.
It was due to be sold as part of an auction at the
Goodwood vintage festival of music, fashion and art in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy