Beatles piano withdrawn from sale: Auctioneers
London: A coffee-stained piano used by The
Beatles at London`s Abbey Road studios has been withdrawn from
sale, the auctioneers said on Sunday, without giving a reason for
The battered Challen upright piano, which can be heard on
hits such as "Paperback Writer" and "Tomorrow Never Knows",
both recorded in Abbey Road in 1966, was valued at more than
100,000 pounds (150,000 dollars, 120,000 euros).
"This lot has been withdrawn," Bonhams auctioneers said
on its website. A spokeswoman said she could not comment
on why the sale was cancelled.
It was due to be sold as part of an auction at the
Goodwood vintage festival of music, fashion and art in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!