Beatles piano withdrawn from sale: Auctioneers
London: A coffee-stained piano used by The
Beatles at London`s Abbey Road studios has been withdrawn from
sale, the auctioneers said on Sunday, without giving a reason for
The battered Challen upright piano, which can be heard on
hits such as "Paperback Writer" and "Tomorrow Never Knows",
both recorded in Abbey Road in 1966, was valued at more than
100,000 pounds (150,000 dollars, 120,000 euros).
"This lot has been withdrawn," Bonhams auctioneers said
on its website. A spokeswoman said she could not comment
on why the sale was cancelled.
It was due to be sold as part of an auction at the
Goodwood vintage festival of music, fashion and art in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt