Bedbugs threatens New York
New York: Blood sucking bedbugs have made a
strong comeback in New York, forcing temporary closures of
some reputed outlets here.
In recent days, the bugs forced the temporary closures
of a Victoria`s Secret and Abercrombie and Fitch. The shops
say they have rid their stores of the tiny pests, but experts
say the infestations are just the latest indication of the
bedbug`s strong comeback.
After mostly being eradicated form the US a half
century ago, infestations are so common that New York City
formed a Bed Bug Advisory Board in 2009 to focus on preventing
infestations, Christian Science Monitor reported.
According to New York City`s Housing Preservation and
Development department, bedbug complaints in the city have
skyrocketed over the past five years, from just over 500 in
2004 to over 10,000 in 2009.
In June, the New York state legislature passed a law requiring landlords to give potential renters a "bedbug
history" of their property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state