Beijing police crack down on prostitution
Beijing: Launching a crack-down on prostitution, Beijing police have detained 660 suspects while raiding 180 hair salons and foot massage parlours being used as prostitution fronts.
Beijing police detained 660 suspects since launching the latest drive June 26, Global Times reported.
Double the number of prostitutes were arrested and the number of establishments raided has increased almost five times compared to statistics of the same period last year, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months