Beijing police crack down on prostitution
Beijing: Launching a crack-down on prostitution, Beijing police have detained 660 suspects while raiding 180 hair salons and foot massage parlours being used as prostitution fronts.
Beijing police detained 660 suspects since launching the latest drive June 26, Global Times reported.
Double the number of prostitutes were arrested and the number of establishments raided has increased almost five times compared to statistics of the same period last year, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?