Beijing remains world`s second busiest airport in 2012
Beijing: The Chinese capital has retained its position as the world`s second busiest airport in 2012 just behind a US airport by handling 81.8 million people last year.
Beijing Capital International Airport said today that it remained the world`s second-busiest airport in 2012 in terms of passenger throughput.
Passenger volumes grew 4.2 per cent year on year to reach 81.8 million people last year, according to a statement from the airport.
According to Airports Council International, Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport of the US remained the most busiest handling about 90 million passengers last year.
The number of daily passengers at the Chinese Capital airport exceeded 278,000 during peak travel periods in 2012.
The airport has become increasingly busy in the last decade due to China`s robust economic growth. Ninety-four airlines were using it as a flight hub as of the end of last year, operating flights to 236 destinations, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the statement as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack