Beijing: Wheel-chair bomber was paralysed after police beatings
London: A wheel-chaired Chinese man, who set-off a home-made explosive device in Terminal 3 of the Beijing International Airport, carried out the blast to protest against his ill-treatment by Chinese police.
An online microblog attributed to the man said that Ji Zhongxing`s lower body was paralyzed after he was alleged to have been heavily beaten by security agents in southern China in 2005.
The 34-year-old from central Shandong province, was injured and taken to hospital, and is currently under treatment.
According to the BBC, Zhongxing, who is alleged to have been operating an unlicensed motorbike taxi service, was also apparently unhappy with the way his complaints against the authorities had been dealt with.
Officials said order has been restored at the airport and there is no disruption to flights.
The explosion caused no other injuries. Police are investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS