Beijing`s first snowfall disrupts flights
Beijing: Chinese capital Beijing received the first snowfall this year, disrupting the city`s rush-hour traffic and stranding flights.
The first snow falling down in Beijing late Friday night continued Saturday morning.
Beijing Capital International Airport confirmed the snowfall has disrupted 10 flights, Xinhua news agency reported.
However, the road traffic remained normal in all major highways as the snowfall was not heavy, said local traffic control authorities.
The snow fell down in Beijing on the Slight Cold, the 23rd solar term according to the traditional Chinese lunar calendar, ushering in the coldest period in China.
The temperatures touched minus two degrees Celsius.
The light snow is expected to continue in daytime today.
The municipal meteorological bureau has issued a yellow alert of iced road, the lowest level in the country`s three-scale ice alert system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy