Beijing`s first snowfall disrupts flights
Beijing: Chinese capital Beijing received the first snowfall this year, disrupting the city`s rush-hour traffic and stranding flights.
The first snow falling down in Beijing late Friday night continued Saturday morning.
Beijing Capital International Airport confirmed the snowfall has disrupted 10 flights, Xinhua news agency reported.
However, the road traffic remained normal in all major highways as the snowfall was not heavy, said local traffic control authorities.
The snow fell down in Beijing on the Slight Cold, the 23rd solar term according to the traditional Chinese lunar calendar, ushering in the coldest period in China.
The temperatures touched minus two degrees Celsius.
The light snow is expected to continue in daytime today.
The municipal meteorological bureau has issued a yellow alert of iced road, the lowest level in the country`s three-scale ice alert system.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma