Beijing`s first snowfall disrupts flights
Beijing: Chinese capital Beijing received the first snowfall this year, disrupting the city`s rush-hour traffic and stranding flights.
The first snow falling down in Beijing late Friday night continued Saturday morning.
Beijing Capital International Airport confirmed the snowfall has disrupted 10 flights, Xinhua news agency reported.
However, the road traffic remained normal in all major highways as the snowfall was not heavy, said local traffic control authorities.
The snow fell down in Beijing on the Slight Cold, the 23rd solar term according to the traditional Chinese lunar calendar, ushering in the coldest period in China.
The temperatures touched minus two degrees Celsius.
The light snow is expected to continue in daytime today.
The municipal meteorological bureau has issued a yellow alert of iced road, the lowest level in the country`s three-scale ice alert system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report