Beijing`s first snowfall disrupts flights
Beijing: Chinese capital Beijing received the first snowfall this year, disrupting the city`s rush-hour traffic and stranding flights.
The first snow falling down in Beijing late Friday night continued Saturday morning.
Beijing Capital International Airport confirmed the snowfall has disrupted 10 flights, Xinhua news agency reported.
However, the road traffic remained normal in all major highways as the snowfall was not heavy, said local traffic control authorities.
The snow fell down in Beijing on the Slight Cold, the 23rd solar term according to the traditional Chinese lunar calendar, ushering in the coldest period in China.
The temperatures touched minus two degrees Celsius.
The light snow is expected to continue in daytime today.
The municipal meteorological bureau has issued a yellow alert of iced road, the lowest level in the country`s three-scale ice alert system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez