Being anti-Mursi is not anti-Islam: Egypt`s religious body
Washington: A leading Sunni institution in Egypt has said peaceful opposition to President Mohammed Morsi is not anti-Islam.
Ashraf Abdel-Moniem, a conservative preacher and a vocal supporter of Mursi, declared that it was obligatory for Muslims to confront, even kill, anyone protesting against the government, the Christian Science Monitor reports.
The head of Al Azhar University , Egypt`s leading Sunni institution, disagreed and said that `peaceful opposition to the government is acceptable in Islam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review