Belarus bombing death toll rises to 13
Minsk: The toll of the Minsk metro bombing rose to 13 on Friday after a victim died from wounds in hospital, a spokeswoman for the health ministry said to a news agency.
"One of the wounded died during the night in Minsk`s Hospital Number 6," the spokeswoman said.
The toll previously stood at 12 dead and 200 injured after a bomb exploded on the platform of a crowded metro station on Monday evening.
So far Belarus has detained five people in its investigation and formally arrested two people who are suspected to be the perpetrators and an accomplice, the deputy prosecutor general said on Thursday.
President Alexander Lukashenko called for a "cleansing" of the country after the attack, the most deadly in the country`s post-Soviet history, but admitted the motives for the crime remained unclear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!