Belarus may stop oil imports from Venezuela
Minsk: Belarus` first Deputy Prime Minister Vladimir Semashko has said the country may stop importing oil from Venezuela.
Reacting to media reports about suspension of Venezuelan oil supplies to Belarus, Semashko said: "There`s no economic reason for Belarus to import oil from Venezuela.”
"So far there has been no final decision, while the last word rests with Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko," Xinhua quoted him as saying.
Semashko earlier said Belarus needed oil supplies from Venezuela to exert pressure on Russia, the country`s main oil supplier.
He added that today Belarus gets the Russian oil on good terms, with no extra fees, quotas or other restrictions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre