Belarus Prez attends Euro 2012 final; women strip
Kiev: Six members of the Ukrainian feminist group, Femen, held a bare-breasted protest in Kiev on Sunday against the visit by Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko to watch the Euro 2012 final.
According to Sports 24, the women stripped off their tops in front of Kiev`s Olympic stadium that hosted the soccer final.
Several women wore balaclavas and brandished rubber batons alluding to Lukashenko`s crackdowns on protesters.
One woman wore a wig and a fake moustache to resemble the man once described by the United States as ``Europe`s last dictator``, who is subjected to a European Union-wide travel ban over rights abuses.
Several women displayed the slogan ``Respect, KGB, UEFA`` written on their bare chests, criticising the tournament`s organisers for tolerating Lukashenko`s presence during Euro finals.
"Once more UEFA is showing a total lack of scruples," the group, which specialises in topless protests and has held a number of demonstrations against the soccer tournament, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan