Belarusian jet crashes at Polish air show, 2 dead
Warsaw: A Belarusian fighter jet crashed
o Sunday during an air show in central Poland, killing both
pilots on board the two-seater plane, officials said.
The Su-27 jet went down while performing maneuvers at a
festival in Radom, 105 kilometers south of Warsaw.
Footage broadcast on state television in Poland showed
the plane turning in the air, then dropping behind trees. A
giant cloud of black smoke appeared on the horizon. The Su-27
was not near the tarmac or crowds attending the air show when
The two Belarusian pilots were killed, the air show`s
organizers said in a statement. A joint Polish-Belarusian
panel of experts was investigating the cause.
The Belarusian Defense Ministry said the crash was likely
caused by birds becoming entangled in an engine.
When the plane began to lose altitude during a stunt
flight, the pilots "did not eject and steered the plane away
from the town, avoiding graver consequences at the cost of
their lives," ministry spokesman Vyacheslav Remenchuk said.
He identified the pilots as Col. Alexander Morfitsky and
Col Alexander Zhuravlevich. He said Morfitsky was deputy
commander of an air force unit in western Belarus, and
Zhuravlevich was deputy commander of a fighter base.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?