Belgian church seeks way out of abuse crisis
Brussels: The Belgian Roman Catholic church is acknowledging widespread sexual abuse over years by its clergy and promising to help victims heal and punish the abusers.
On Friday, a report was published in which hundreds of sex abuse victims revealed harrowing accounts of molestation by Catholic clergy throughout the country over the past 50 years.
In response, Belgium`s Archbishop Andre-Mutien Leonard said on Monday "a feeling of anger and powerlessness" had taken hold of the church.
He said the crisis gripping the church is so deep it would be impossible to find an easy way out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Five held for 'slaughtering' three cows in Maharashtra
- Delhi LG cancelled AAP govt order on compensation by discoms: Arvind Kejriwal
- Bihar flood toll reaches 156, twins born on boat
- Hinduism all about love, faith and intimacy with all: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- Who are you? Watch dog's reaction seeing himself on mirror – Very Funny