Belgian church seeks way out of abuse crisis
Brussels: The Belgian Roman Catholic church is acknowledging widespread sexual abuse over years by its clergy and promising to help victims heal and punish the abusers.
On Friday, a report was published in which hundreds of sex abuse victims revealed harrowing accounts of molestation by Catholic clergy throughout the country over the past 50 years.
In response, Belgium`s Archbishop Andre-Mutien Leonard said on Monday "a feeling of anger and powerlessness" had taken hold of the church.
He said the crisis gripping the church is so deep it would be impossible to find an easy way out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport