Belgian church seeks way out of abuse crisis
Brussels: The Belgian Roman Catholic church is acknowledging widespread sexual abuse over years by its clergy and promising to help victims heal and punish the abusers.
On Friday, a report was published in which hundreds of sex abuse victims revealed harrowing accounts of molestation by Catholic clergy throughout the country over the past 50 years.
In response, Belgium`s Archbishop Andre-Mutien Leonard said on Monday "a feeling of anger and powerlessness" had taken hold of the church.
He said the crisis gripping the church is so deep it would be impossible to find an easy way out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- If Arvind Subramanian is asset for BJP govt, will suspend 'sacking' demand: Subramanian Swamy
- Indonesian President sails to South China Sea islands in message to Beijing
- Pope risks Turkey`s ire with Armenia trip
- Akshay Kumar backs Sonakshi Sinha, says can't wait for 'Akira'!
- Andy Murray re-hiring Ivan Lendl was no surprise, says wary Novak Djokovic