Belgian couple face trial over child abuse
London: A Belgian couple has gone on trial for keeping their four children in captivity for 10 years in horrible condition.
Parents Sebastien Hardenne and Isabelle Simon kept their three girls and a boy in a locked room at night and fed them through a small hole in the wall, it was heard in a court.
The couple used to thrash the kids with sticks, an iron bar and whips and tortured them with an electric fly swatter, Daily Mail reported.
The father urinated in the children’s mouths and even practised ‘water-boarding’ torture similar to that allegedly used at America’s Guantanamo Bay prison, the court was told. Two girls were also locked in a suitcase smeared with dog excrement and swung around a room.
The children -- now aged 11 to around 16 - are being cared for permanently by social services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog