Belgian court keeps paedophile killer in prison
Brussels: A Belgian court has denied bail to a paedophile, who is serving a life sentence for kidnapping, torturing and abusing six girls in 1995 and 1996, and murdering four of them.
Marc Dutroux, who has been in prison for 16 years, tried to convince the court that he would be no risk to the public if he was released while being monitored with an electronic ankle bracelet.
Monday`s ruling regarding the 56-year-old Belgian had been expected since prison officials and prosecutors had opposed his release.
Dutroux`s former wife, Michelle Martin, who had let two girls starve to death in a cellar while her husband was jailed for theft was given early release in July, and now lives in a convent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living