Belgian court keeps paedophile killer in prison
Brussels: A Belgian court has denied bail to a paedophile, who is serving a life sentence for kidnapping, torturing and abusing six girls in 1995 and 1996, and murdering four of them.
Marc Dutroux, who has been in prison for 16 years, tried to convince the court that he would be no risk to the public if he was released while being monitored with an electronic ankle bracelet.
Monday`s ruling regarding the 56-year-old Belgian had been expected since prison officials and prosecutors had opposed his release.
Dutroux`s former wife, Michelle Martin, who had let two girls starve to death in a cellar while her husband was jailed for theft was given early release in July, and now lives in a convent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren