Belgian court keeps paedophile killer in prison
Brussels: A Belgian court has denied bail to a paedophile, who is serving a life sentence for kidnapping, torturing and abusing six girls in 1995 and 1996, and murdering four of them.
Marc Dutroux, who has been in prison for 16 years, tried to convince the court that he would be no risk to the public if he was released while being monitored with an electronic ankle bracelet.
Monday`s ruling regarding the 56-year-old Belgian had been expected since prison officials and prosecutors had opposed his release.
Dutroux`s former wife, Michelle Martin, who had let two girls starve to death in a cellar while her husband was jailed for theft was given early release in July, and now lives in a convent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi