Belgian court keeps paedophile killer in prison
Brussels: A Belgian court has denied bail to a paedophile, who is serving a life sentence for kidnapping, torturing and abusing six girls in 1995 and 1996, and murdering four of them.
Marc Dutroux, who has been in prison for 16 years, tried to convince the court that he would be no risk to the public if he was released while being monitored with an electronic ankle bracelet.
Monday`s ruling regarding the 56-year-old Belgian had been expected since prison officials and prosecutors had opposed his release.
Dutroux`s former wife, Michelle Martin, who had let two girls starve to death in a cellar while her husband was jailed for theft was given early release in July, and now lives in a convent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves