Belgian court keeps paedophile killer in prison
Brussels: A Belgian court has denied bail to a paedophile, who is serving a life sentence for kidnapping, torturing and abusing six girls in 1995 and 1996, and murdering four of them.
Marc Dutroux, who has been in prison for 16 years, tried to convince the court that he would be no risk to the public if he was released while being monitored with an electronic ankle bracelet.
Monday`s ruling regarding the 56-year-old Belgian had been expected since prison officials and prosecutors had opposed his release.
Dutroux`s former wife, Michelle Martin, who had let two girls starve to death in a cellar while her husband was jailed for theft was given early release in July, and now lives in a convent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'