Belgian pol shocked to get Norway shooter`s email
Brusses: A right-wing Belgian politician
on Wednesday said he was shocked and dismayed to learn he had been
sent an email by the perpetrator of the Norway massacre
shortly before a powerful bomb exploded in Oslo.
Tanguy Veys, a member parliament for the
anti-immigration Belgian Vlaams Belang party, said he had
never met nor even heard of Anders Behring Breivik, who has
admitted carrying out the bombing and shootings that killed at
least 76 people in Norway.
So receiving the email was a setback, he said.
"I was connected with a terrorist act, and I didn`t
want to be connected with a terrorist act," Veys said.
The email, with Breivik`s 1,500-page manifesto of
three books attached, was sent on Friday, about 90 minutes
before the bomb went off.
Veys said the email, written in English, went to about
Other recipients may have been less shocked. One email
address on the list led to a Facebook site ostensibly for an
Italian whose profile picture included Nazi emblems and a
As the person`s only interest, the page listed
Another of the addresses led to the site of a man who
claimed to be a member of the anti-immigration British
Breivik`s email began with the salutation, "Western
European patriot" and described the attached manifesto as
dealing with "the ongoing Islamification of Western Europe,"
and "how we, the cultural conservative resistance, should move
forward in the coming decades."
"I humbly ask you to re-distribute the book to as many
patriotic minded individuals as you can," the email said, in
"I am 100 per cent certain that the distribution of
this compendium to a large portion of European patriots will
contribute to ensure our victory in the end. Because within
these three books lies the tools required to win the ongoing
Western European cultural war, the war against the
anti-European hate ideology known as multiculturalism."
It was signed, "Sincere and patriotic regards, Andrew
Berwick, London, England - 2011."
The attached manifesto detailed what Breivik perceived
as the "Islamification of Europe." But it also included a
section that illustrates how minutely detailed his plans were,
and that helps explain the peculiar appearance of the
photographs of him that have surfaced so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!