Belgium urges citizens to leave Syria
Brussels: Belgium government has issued a warning calling on its nationals to avoid trips to Syria and for those there to leave the country "immediately", Le Soir paper reported.
"Trips to Syria are not advised. Belgians still present in Syria are asked with insistence to leave the country immediately," the country`s Foreign Ministry said in a warning.
The Belgian embassy in Damascus has been closed since March 30, those who choose to stay can hope for only "extremely limited" consular assistance if needed, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!