Benedict toasts brother`s 90th with Mass, music
Vatican City: Retired Pope Benedict XVI is marking a milestone of sorts.
On Wednesday he toasted his brother Georg on his 90th birthday, celebrating Mass together and attending a concert in the Vatican gardens.
Monsignor Georg Ratzinger was ordained a priest the same day as the future pope in 1951 and they share a love of music. Ratzinger was a frequent visitor when Benedict, 86, was pope and has continued visiting in Benedict`s retirement.
The brothers spent Christmas together at Benedict`s retirement home in a converted monastery in the Vatican gardens, and Ratzinger stayed on a few weeks so they could celebrate his birthday together.
The Vatican said they started their day concelebrating Mass, having a festive breakfast complete with Bavarian songs and toasts and ending with a concert in Ratzinger`s honor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'