Benedict toasts brother`s 90th with Mass, music
Vatican City: Retired Pope Benedict XVI is marking a milestone of sorts.
On Wednesday he toasted his brother Georg on his 90th birthday, celebrating Mass together and attending a concert in the Vatican gardens.
Monsignor Georg Ratzinger was ordained a priest the same day as the future pope in 1951 and they share a love of music. Ratzinger was a frequent visitor when Benedict, 86, was pope and has continued visiting in Benedict`s retirement.
The brothers spent Christmas together at Benedict`s retirement home in a converted monastery in the Vatican gardens, and Ratzinger stayed on a few weeks so they could celebrate his birthday together.
The Vatican said they started their day concelebrating Mass, having a festive breakfast complete with Bavarian songs and toasts and ending with a concert in Ratzinger`s honor.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India