Benedict toasts brother`s 90th with Mass, music
Vatican City: Retired Pope Benedict XVI is marking a milestone of sorts.
On Wednesday he toasted his brother Georg on his 90th birthday, celebrating Mass together and attending a concert in the Vatican gardens.
Monsignor Georg Ratzinger was ordained a priest the same day as the future pope in 1951 and they share a love of music. Ratzinger was a frequent visitor when Benedict, 86, was pope and has continued visiting in Benedict`s retirement.
The brothers spent Christmas together at Benedict`s retirement home in a converted monastery in the Vatican gardens, and Ratzinger stayed on a few weeks so they could celebrate his birthday together.
The Vatican said they started their day concelebrating Mass, having a festive breakfast complete with Bavarian songs and toasts and ending with a concert in Ratzinger`s honor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him