Benjamin Netanyahu says world pressure won`t stop offensive; death toll rises to 105

Even as the death toll due to Israeli bombings increased to 105 on Friday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Israel will continue with the attacks despite international pressure.

Last Updated: Jul 12, 2014, 03:37 AM IST

Zee Media Bureau

Gaza/Jerusalem: Even as the death toll due to Israeli bombings increased to 105 on Friday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Israel will continue with the attacks on Gaza irrespective of the international pressure.

Netanyahu further added that the strikes are taking place to merely defend the Israeli territory which the Hamas keeps attacking.
While addressing a press conference on Friday, the Israeli leader also said that that the operation is not going to end anytime soon.

Israel started `Operation Protective Edge` on Tuesday and over 1,000 targets have been
attacked since then, a BBC report stated.
Netanyahu reportedly added that he has held "positive" talks with US President Barack Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Meanwhile, Gaza militants fired rockets into the Israeli territory as a retaliatory move.

In the deadliest violence since 2012, over 500 people have been injured in Gaza while no one has been killed in Israel so far.

The Israeli military claims to have hit over 1,000 targets that increased the death toll to 105 which includes several civilians.