Berlin police find improvised pipe bombs
Berlin: Berlin police say officers found three improvised pipe bombs on the sidelines of a huge leftist protest march.
Spokesman Stefan Redlich said today the devices of about 16 inches each were filled with an explosive but were not detonated.
He says an explosion of the aluminum pipes could have caused serious or deadly injuries within a perimeter of 10 to 15 meters.
He says experts are still investigating the explosive substance and do not yet know whether it would have burst the pipes into pieces, effectively creating a shrapnel bomb.
The bombs were found on sidewalks during a rally of up to ten thousand leftists on May Day, but police officers initially thought they were just large pyrotechnics and picked them up by hand to have them checked by experts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight