Berlusconi alimony reduced by half: Report
Milan: Italian newspaper reports that a court has more than cut in half the alimony ex-Premier Silvio Berlusconi must pay to his second wife, Veronica Lario.
Corriere della Sera reported today that a civil tribunal in the Milan suburb of Monza set the payments at 1.4 million euros (USD 1.9 million) a month, citing an order issued this summer. The court said Berlusconi opened divorce proceedings in Monza.
A court in Milan deliberating the couple`s legal separation, a separate procedure, previously awarded Lario 3 million euros a month.
Lario announced she was divorcing the billionaire media mogul in 2009, citing his fondness for younger women. The couple married in 1990, and has three grown children. He has two children from his first marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?