Berlusconi alimony reduced by half: Report
Milan: Italian newspaper reports that a court has more than cut in half the alimony ex-Premier Silvio Berlusconi must pay to his second wife, Veronica Lario.
Corriere della Sera reported today that a civil tribunal in the Milan suburb of Monza set the payments at 1.4 million euros (USD 1.9 million) a month, citing an order issued this summer. The court said Berlusconi opened divorce proceedings in Monza.
A court in Milan deliberating the couple`s legal separation, a separate procedure, previously awarded Lario 3 million euros a month.
Lario announced she was divorcing the billionaire media mogul in 2009, citing his fondness for younger women. The couple married in 1990, and has three grown children. He has two children from his first marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!