Berlusconi `hosted prostitution parties`
London: Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi hosted prostitution parties at his Milan villa and paid women with favours and cash, prosecutors at his trial said.
However, Berlusconi, on trial for paying to have sex with an underage prostitute, Karima El Mahroug, said that he never had to pay for “intimate relations,” the BBC reported.
Both he and Mahroug - better known by her stage name “Ruby Heartstealer” - have denied ever having sex.
A verdict in the trial is expected later this month.
Prosecutor Antonio Sangermano said that the parties organised at the villa in Arcore, north-east of Milan, were the “expression of a tried and tested prostitution system organised to satisfy the sexual pleasure of Silvio Berlusconi, and of which the young Moroccan girl was completely a part.”
In his closing arguments, he said that the parties involved dinner, erotic dancing and then sex between aspiring television starlets and the invited guests.
Berlusconi said that he was “a bit surprised and amused” at the “imaginative” description of his “infamous dinners”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what