Berlusconi says will get drunk if Monti loses poll
Rome: Italy`s former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi has said he will celebrate if caretaker premier Mario Monti and his allies lose the coming parliamentary elections.
Parliamentary elections in Italy are scheduled for Feb 24-25.
"If Monti, Fini and Casini won`t be let into the Chamber of Deputies, I`ll get drunk. I guess it`s time to put some sparkling wine into my fridge. There is a possibility that I`ll get drunk within the next few days," Berlusconi said Sunday speaking at a campaign event in Turin.
Chamber of Deputies speaker Gianfranco Fini responded by saying that "Berlusconi is already drunk with all that nonsense he has been saying".
Electoral rhetoric in austerity-hit Italy intensified as parliamentary campaign nears its end. Earlier, Berlusconi described Monti as "a person who knows nothing about economy", while Monti called Berlusconi a "scoundrel" in his recent TV speech.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!