Berlusconi says will get drunk if Monti loses poll
Rome: Italy`s former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi has said he will celebrate if caretaker premier Mario Monti and his allies lose the coming parliamentary elections.
Parliamentary elections in Italy are scheduled for Feb 24-25.
"If Monti, Fini and Casini won`t be let into the Chamber of Deputies, I`ll get drunk. I guess it`s time to put some sparkling wine into my fridge. There is a possibility that I`ll get drunk within the next few days," Berlusconi said Sunday speaking at a campaign event in Turin.
Chamber of Deputies speaker Gianfranco Fini responded by saying that "Berlusconi is already drunk with all that nonsense he has been saying".
Electoral rhetoric in austerity-hit Italy intensified as parliamentary campaign nears its end. Earlier, Berlusconi described Monti as "a person who knows nothing about economy", while Monti called Berlusconi a "scoundrel" in his recent TV speech.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon