Berlusconi slams judges for $260K-a-day divorce settlement
Washington: Silvio Berlusconi has blamed "feminist, communist" judges for a USD 260,000-a-day divorce settlement with his former wife Veronica Lario.
The 76-year-old politician told the private La7 network on Tuesday that he would be appealing against the court`s settlement, CBS News reported.
It had been initially reported that the settlement amounted to USD 130,000-a-day but former Italian premier said the figure, with arrears, was double that.
He said: "These are three women judges, feminists and communists, OK? These are the Milan judges who have persecuted me since 1994."
Lario had filed for divorce in 2009, citing Berlusconi`s fondness for younger women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list