Berlusconi spent $25 mn on bunga bunga parties
London: Former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi had 16 million pounds (about $25 million) in cash delivered to his luxury villa to pay girls at his bunga bunga parties, The Sun reported.
The staggering stash was revealed during the trial of the 75-year-old politician who refuses to admit to have paid for having sex with a minor.
Dozens of women received money, cars and jewels for attending the bashes and sleeping with the politician, say prosecutors.
Some of the girls dressed up as nuns and police officers and performed pole dances to entertain Berlusconi and his cronies.
Guiseppe Spinelli, Belusconi`s accountant, has revealed how he drew sums totalling 16 million pounds out of the bank in 2009 and 2010. He took wads to the millionaire`s mansion near Milan, where parties were held in the basement.
"He would tell me what amounts to put in the envelopes," said Spinelli about Berlusconi who is accused of paying for sex with Karima El Mahroug, known as Ruby the Heartbreaker, when she was just 17.
The trial continues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus