Berlusconi spent $25 mn on bunga bunga parties
London: Former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi had 16 million pounds (about $25 million) in cash delivered to his luxury villa to pay girls at his bunga bunga parties, The Sun reported.
The staggering stash was revealed during the trial of the 75-year-old politician who refuses to admit to have paid for having sex with a minor.
Dozens of women received money, cars and jewels for attending the bashes and sleeping with the politician, say prosecutors.
Some of the girls dressed up as nuns and police officers and performed pole dances to entertain Berlusconi and his cronies.
Guiseppe Spinelli, Belusconi`s accountant, has revealed how he drew sums totalling 16 million pounds out of the bank in 2009 and 2010. He took wads to the millionaire`s mansion near Milan, where parties were held in the basement.
"He would tell me what amounts to put in the envelopes," said Spinelli about Berlusconi who is accused of paying for sex with Karima El Mahroug, known as Ruby the Heartbreaker, when she was just 17.
The trial continues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened