Berlusconi spent $25 mn on bunga bunga parties
London: Former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi had 16 million pounds (about $25 million) in cash delivered to his luxury villa to pay girls at his bunga bunga parties, The Sun reported.
The staggering stash was revealed during the trial of the 75-year-old politician who refuses to admit to have paid for having sex with a minor.
Dozens of women received money, cars and jewels for attending the bashes and sleeping with the politician, say prosecutors.
Some of the girls dressed up as nuns and police officers and performed pole dances to entertain Berlusconi and his cronies.
Guiseppe Spinelli, Belusconi`s accountant, has revealed how he drew sums totalling 16 million pounds out of the bank in 2009 and 2010. He took wads to the millionaire`s mansion near Milan, where parties were held in the basement.
"He would tell me what amounts to put in the envelopes," said Spinelli about Berlusconi who is accused of paying for sex with Karima El Mahroug, known as Ruby the Heartbreaker, when she was just 17.
The trial continues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway