‘Berlusconi to pay ex-wife 3 mn euros a month’
Rome: Italy`s former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has agreed to pay three million euros a month alimony as part of a legal separation settlement to his ex-wife Veronica Lario, reports said.
56-year-old Veronica, the former actress, has three children with Berlusconi. She filed for divorce in 2009 after Berlusconi was seen attending the 18th birthday party of an aspiring blond model, Noemi Letizia, who called him "Daddy."
According to an agency report, Veronica described Berlusconi as "a dragon to whom young virgins offer themselves," accused him of being "unwell" and said she could not stay with a man "who frequents minors."
According to Italian newspaper, Corriere della Sera, Veronica initially asked for $56m a year but Berlusconi offered her about $5m.
The couple first met in a theatre dressing room in 1980 after Berlusconi saw her performing in Milan. They were married in 1990.
As per the court ruling, Berlusconi will keep the $100m villa where the couple lived with their three children.
He is currently dating a 28-year-old television starlet, Francesca Pascale, who is nearly 50 years younger than him.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok