‘Berlusconi to pay ex-wife 3 mn euros a month’
Rome: Italy`s former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has agreed to pay three million euros a month alimony as part of a legal separation settlement to his ex-wife Veronica Lario, reports said.
56-year-old Veronica, the former actress, has three children with Berlusconi. She filed for divorce in 2009 after Berlusconi was seen attending the 18th birthday party of an aspiring blond model, Noemi Letizia, who called him "Daddy."
According to an agency report, Veronica described Berlusconi as "a dragon to whom young virgins offer themselves," accused him of being "unwell" and said she could not stay with a man "who frequents minors."
According to Italian newspaper, Corriere della Sera, Veronica initially asked for $56m a year but Berlusconi offered her about $5m.
The couple first met in a theatre dressing room in 1980 after Berlusconi saw her performing in Milan. They were married in 1990.
As per the court ruling, Berlusconi will keep the $100m villa where the couple lived with their three children.
He is currently dating a 28-year-old television starlet, Francesca Pascale, who is nearly 50 years younger than him.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj