Berlusconi was victim of women: Bunga bunga fixer
London: Ousted Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi was a "victim of women" and his biggest mistake was to give political posts to women friends, a model accused of fixing women for the 75-year-old politician has claimed.
Sabina Began, a 38-year-old Bosnian actress and model who is known as the "Queen Bee" in Berlusconi`s inner circle, said the former prime minister has done many "beautiful things".
He has done a "lots of things against the mafia", but his "biggest mistake was bringing women into politics," she said.
"Italians have not forgiven him: these women were interested only in glitterati parties, they`d had plastic surgery on their breasts, faces and lips and that`s the wrong image for women in politics," she was quoted as saying by the Sunday Times.
Began, who claims she`s still in love with Berlusconi, also said that the former Italian premier was "gullible". "He believed women had something more than men. I think he was a victim of women who captivated him (and) he was a bit careless," she added.
Berlusconi, who was forced from office a week ago, has given political opportunities to several women. Mara Carfagna, a former television starlet, became his equal opportunities minister. Nicole Minetti, a former showgirl, became a Milan
The private life the 75-year-old billionaire will come under renewed scrutiny at the start of a trial in Milan in which three other acquaintances are also accused of supplying paid women guests for his infamous "bung bunga" parties.
Prosecutors have charged Began and seven others with aiding and abetting prostitution by bringing at least 30 showgirls and escorts to the erotic parties organised at Berlusconi`s residences. However, she denies the charge.
Began will stand trial alongside Emilio Fede, a news anchor, and Lele Mora, a showbusiness agent. The investigation has focused on the women Began brought to a dinner at Berlusconi`s Rome residence in September 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka