Berlusconi was victim of women: Bunga bunga fixer
London: Ousted Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi was a "victim of women" and his biggest mistake was to give political posts to women friends, a model accused of fixing women for the 75-year-old politician has claimed.
Sabina Began, a 38-year-old Bosnian actress and model who is known as the "Queen Bee" in Berlusconi`s inner circle, said the former prime minister has done many "beautiful things".
He has done a "lots of things against the mafia", but his "biggest mistake was bringing women into politics," she said.
"Italians have not forgiven him: these women were interested only in glitterati parties, they`d had plastic surgery on their breasts, faces and lips and that`s the wrong image for women in politics," she was quoted as saying by the Sunday Times.
Began, who claims she`s still in love with Berlusconi, also said that the former Italian premier was "gullible". "He believed women had something more than men. I think he was a victim of women who captivated him (and) he was a bit careless," she added.
Berlusconi, who was forced from office a week ago, has given political opportunities to several women. Mara Carfagna, a former television starlet, became his equal opportunities minister. Nicole Minetti, a former showgirl, became a Milan
The private life the 75-year-old billionaire will come under renewed scrutiny at the start of a trial in Milan in which three other acquaintances are also accused of supplying paid women guests for his infamous "bung bunga" parties.
Prosecutors have charged Began and seven others with aiding and abetting prostitution by bringing at least 30 showgirls and escorts to the erotic parties organised at Berlusconi`s residences. However, she denies the charge.
Began will stand trial alongside Emilio Fede, a news anchor, and Lele Mora, a showbusiness agent. The investigation has focused on the women Began brought to a dinner at Berlusconi`s Rome residence in September 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September