Berlusconi`s lawyers seek to move Milan trials
Milan: Lawyers of former Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi filed motions to change the jurisdiction of two trials nearing verdicts in Milan.
Berlusconi`s lawyers claim the Milan courts are biased against Berlusconi and sought Friday to move the trials to Brescia, also in the Lombardy region.
Berlusconi`s defence has been at loggerheads with the Milan courts as they have petitioned to delay hearings due to Berlusconi`s hospitalisation for an eye inflammation. Both courts have demanded exams by court-appointed doctors, enraging members of Berlusconi`s party who allege judges are trying to sideline him politically.
Italy`s magistrates association has denied the allegations, which it says undermine the judges` independence. Milan courts are hearing Berlusconi`s sex-for-hire trial and appeal on a tax fraud conviction.
Berlusconi is expected to be released from the hospital later on Friday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan