Berlusconi’s party girl `masqueraded as Obama`
New York: A young woman, who attended Silvio Berlusconi’s infamous ‘bunga bunga’ parties, told a court on Friday that she had once dressed up as a burlesque version of US President Barack Obama to entertain the former Italian prime minister.
In testimony during a trial against the 75-year-old on charges of paying for sex with an underage prostitute, Marysthell Polanco revealed that she had also dressed up as prosecutor Ilda Boccassini.
Boccassini, known as “Ilda the Red” because of her hair colour and what Berlusconi emphasises is her communist political sympathies, is one of the prosecutors in the ongoing trial.
“I dressed up as Boccassini with a toga to make him laugh, and also as Obama,” the New York Post quoted Polanco as telling the court.
Polanco, a striking 28-year-old from the Dominican Republic, said that the parties were innocent fun accompanied by burlesque, but were not pornographic, entertainment.
In April, Berlusconi had said that the parties were “elegant dinners” where there was sometimes entertainment that he dubbed as “burlesque game”.
However, previous witnesses who had attended his parties painted a more sordid picture, including nudity, mimicked sex, and one even described two women wearing nasty versions of nuns’ habits performing a raunchy pole dance.
Berlusconi is charged with paying Moroccan-born Karima El Mahroug for sex in 2010, when she was 17, and then abusing the powers of his office by getting her freed from police custody after she had been arrested for theft.
Berlusconi denies all wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing