Berlusconi’s party girl `masqueraded as Obama`
New York: A young woman, who attended Silvio Berlusconi’s infamous ‘bunga bunga’ parties, told a court on Friday that she had once dressed up as a burlesque version of US President Barack Obama to entertain the former Italian prime minister.
In testimony during a trial against the 75-year-old on charges of paying for sex with an underage prostitute, Marysthell Polanco revealed that she had also dressed up as prosecutor Ilda Boccassini.
Boccassini, known as “Ilda the Red” because of her hair colour and what Berlusconi emphasises is her communist political sympathies, is one of the prosecutors in the ongoing trial.
“I dressed up as Boccassini with a toga to make him laugh, and also as Obama,” the New York Post quoted Polanco as telling the court.
Polanco, a striking 28-year-old from the Dominican Republic, said that the parties were innocent fun accompanied by burlesque, but were not pornographic, entertainment.
In April, Berlusconi had said that the parties were “elegant dinners” where there was sometimes entertainment that he dubbed as “burlesque game”.
However, previous witnesses who had attended his parties painted a more sordid picture, including nudity, mimicked sex, and one even described two women wearing nasty versions of nuns’ habits performing a raunchy pole dance.
Berlusconi is charged with paying Moroccan-born Karima El Mahroug for sex in 2010, when she was 17, and then abusing the powers of his office by getting her freed from police custody after she had been arrested for theft.
Berlusconi denies all wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH