Berlusconi`s `sex-for-hire` trial postponed
London: Former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi has won a delay in his sex-for-hire trial after pleading he was too ill to attend the hearing.
He had been seeking to have two Milan trials postponed due to an eye condition for which he has been hospitalised since Friday.
Judges in Berlusconi`s tax fraud appeal continued with Saturday`s hearing after court-appointed doctors said his ailments were not severe enough to keep him from court.
But another court has now granted the motion to delay the sex-for-hire trial after ordering a new medical visit to verify the severity of his ailments, the Daily Star reports.
According to the report, Berlusconi`s lawyers submitted three medical certificates, citing the eye inflammation and a heart problem, to support the new delay.
Berlusconi, 76, is charged with having paid for sex with an underage Moroccan girl and using his influence to cover it up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP