Biden blasts Romney`s foreign policy speech
Washington: US Vice President, Joe Biden, delivered a harsh attack on the presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney over his foreign policy speech, saying it was "empty rhetoric and bluster."
"Today, Governor Romney had an opportunity to fulfill a long-standing promise by laying out his foreign policy vision and agenda. He had a chance to say how he would lead as Commander-in-Chief. Instead, all we heard from Governor Romney was empty rhetoric and bluster. He reflexively criticizes the President’s policies without offering any alternatives," Biden said in a statement issued by the Obama Campaign.
Strongly defending Obama`s foreign policy, said over the past three years, he has taken the fight directly to America`s enemies, confronting al Qaeda head on and taking out Osama bin Laden.
"He ended the war in Iraq responsibly and has a plan to do the same in Afghanistan. He has done more for Israel’s security than any President since Harry Truman, led international efforts to put the most pressure in history on Iran, protected the people of Libya from a brutal dictator and helped rebuild our alliances across the globe," he argued.
"He saved our economy from collapse with bold decisions, including the rescue of the automobile industry which has made us stronger abroad. Because of President Obama`s leadership, Osama bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive," Biden stressed.
The Vice President said Romney supported Obama`s timeline to end the war in Afghanistan, then he opposed it and now it is hard to know where he stands.
"His misguided criticism of the President’s new defense strategy is undermined by the fact that strategy was designed with and supported by the entire Defense Department senior leadership, uniform and civilian," he said.
"It provides for a more agile, flexible force, better able to confront aggressors and project power, with strong partnerships to share the burden and smart investments in cutting edge capabilities. We proposed a budget to fully fund that strategy and keep faith with our veterans," Biden said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?