Biden gives Obama proposals to prevent gun violence
Washington: US President Barack Obama Monday said Vice President Joe Biden has provided him with a list of proposals on how to prevent gun violence, and that he plans to present the details to the American people later this week.
Obama made the announcement at a White House press conference, Xinhua reported.
He said he will discuss with Biden the proposals in greater detail.
Obama asked Biden to head his gun-control task force after the shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut that killed 20 children.
Biden met stakeholders in a number of areas to develop a set of proposals to curb gun violence.
According to media reports, the proposals may include renewing an expired assault weapons ban, as well as tightening limits on the magazine capacity for semi-automatic weapons and background checks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test