Biden mimics Indian call centre workers
New Hampshire: US Vice President Joe Biden has been known in the past to commit to verbal gaffes and for upsetting the Indian American community.
It did so again in New Hampshire on Thursday, when he adopted foreign accent while discussing the departure of call centre jobs overseas.
News sites were quick to label the accent as Indian, as the subcontinent is home to many customer call centres, and Biden had referenced India in his remarks.
Biden was addressing workers of a company that has partnered with a local college in Rochester.
He twice appeared to deploy a foreign accent while discussing the loss of call centre jobs to other countries.
All this took place in a matter of just under 30 seconds, the New York Daily News reports.
A New York magazine, however, opined that Biden might have been imitating the character of a Russian-sounding call centre worker made popular in Discovery Card commercials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations