Biden mimics Indian call centre workers
New Hampshire: US Vice President Joe Biden has been known in the past to commit to verbal gaffes and for upsetting the Indian American community.
It did so again in New Hampshire on Thursday, when he adopted foreign accent while discussing the departure of call centre jobs overseas.
News sites were quick to label the accent as Indian, as the subcontinent is home to many customer call centres, and Biden had referenced India in his remarks.
Biden was addressing workers of a company that has partnered with a local college in Rochester.
He twice appeared to deploy a foreign accent while discussing the loss of call centre jobs to other countries.
All this took place in a matter of just under 30 seconds, the New York Daily News reports.
A New York magazine, however, opined that Biden might have been imitating the character of a Russian-sounding call centre worker made popular in Discovery Card commercials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another