Biden on Iran threat: Obama is not bluffing
Washington: US Vice President Joe Biden says President Barack Obama isn`t bluffing when he says he`ll use military action if ultimately necessary to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon.
Biden told a powerful pro-Israel lobby`s annual conference Monday that protecting Israel is in the United States` interest. Biden says the US still prefers a diplomatic option on Iran but that the window for that is closing.
Biden is cautioning against acting too hastily. He says every other option must be exhausted to ensure the world community will be supportive if there`s a need for a military intervention.
Biden says efforts to delegitimize Israel as a Jewish state are the most dangerous change he`s seen as it related to Israel`s security. He says Israel`s legitimacy is non-negotiable for the US.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory