Biden on Iran threat: Obama is not bluffing
Washington: US Vice President Joe Biden says President Barack Obama isn`t bluffing when he says he`ll use military action if ultimately necessary to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon.
Biden told a powerful pro-Israel lobby`s annual conference Monday that protecting Israel is in the United States` interest. Biden says the US still prefers a diplomatic option on Iran but that the window for that is closing.
Biden is cautioning against acting too hastily. He says every other option must be exhausted to ensure the world community will be supportive if there`s a need for a military intervention.
Biden says efforts to delegitimize Israel as a Jewish state are the most dangerous change he`s seen as it related to Israel`s security. He says Israel`s legitimacy is non-negotiable for the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach