Biden on Iran threat: Obama is not bluffing
Washington: US Vice President Joe Biden says President Barack Obama isn`t bluffing when he says he`ll use military action if ultimately necessary to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon.
Biden told a powerful pro-Israel lobby`s annual conference Monday that protecting Israel is in the United States` interest. Biden says the US still prefers a diplomatic option on Iran but that the window for that is closing.
Biden is cautioning against acting too hastily. He says every other option must be exhausted to ensure the world community will be supportive if there`s a need for a military intervention.
Biden says efforts to delegitimize Israel as a Jewish state are the most dangerous change he`s seen as it related to Israel`s security. He says Israel`s legitimacy is non-negotiable for the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer