Biden underlines willingness for direct Iran talks
Munich: Vice President Joe Biden says the US is prepared to hold direct talks with Iran in the standoff over its nuclear ambitions - but only if the leadership in Tehran "is serious."
Washington has indicated in the past that it`s prepared to hold talk directly with Iran, and talks involving all five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany have made little headway.
Asked at an international security conference when direct talks might be possible, Biden replied Saturday: "when the Iranian leadership, the supreme leader, is serious."
Biden says the offer stands "but it must be real and tangible and there has to be an agenda that they`re prepared to speak to. We`re not prepared to do it just for the exercise."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley