Biden underlines willingness for direct Iran talks
Munich: Vice President Joe Biden says the US is prepared to hold direct talks with Iran in the standoff over its nuclear ambitions - but only if the leadership in Tehran "is serious."
Washington has indicated in the past that it`s prepared to hold talk directly with Iran, and talks involving all five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany have made little headway.
Asked at an international security conference when direct talks might be possible, Biden replied Saturday: "when the Iranian leadership, the supreme leader, is serious."
Biden says the offer stands "but it must be real and tangible and there has to be an agenda that they`re prepared to speak to. We`re not prepared to do it just for the exercise."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured