Biden underlines willingness for direct Iran talks
Munich: Vice President Joe Biden says the US is prepared to hold direct talks with Iran in the standoff over its nuclear ambitions - but only if the leadership in Tehran "is serious."
Washington has indicated in the past that it`s prepared to hold talk directly with Iran, and talks involving all five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany have made little headway.
Asked at an international security conference when direct talks might be possible, Biden replied Saturday: "when the Iranian leadership, the supreme leader, is serious."
Biden says the offer stands "but it must be real and tangible and there has to be an agenda that they`re prepared to speak to. We`re not prepared to do it just for the exercise."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen