Bidens donates almost 2 pc income to charity in 2012
Washington: US Vice President Joe Biden and his wife had spent almost two percent of their gross income on charitable contributions in 2012, according to figures from tax returns released by the White House.
According to the figures, the Bidens had made 385,072 dollars in adjusted gross income, of which they contributed 7,190 dollars, which is 1.9 percent of their income, to charity, Fox News reports.
The report further said that the Bidens gave most of their contributions in cash, but contributed nearly 2,000 dollars of the total amount in donated clothing, furniture and other items.
According to the report, Bidens’ charitable contributions had a slight increase from 2011, when their contributions totaled 1.5 percent of their income, which drew headlines at the time, since Biden and the rest of the Obama campaign were taunting millionaire Republican opponent Mitt Romney as ‘out of touch’ with the middle class.
Ironically, the Romneys gave close to 30 percent of their income to charity, which amounted to millions of dollars. Meanwhile, President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama reported an adjusted gross income of 608,611 dollars, of which a quarter of income, amounting to 150,034 dollars, was donated to 33 charities, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand