Biggest ever ``sexist scandal`` hits Australian De
Sydney: The Australian Defence Forces has been hit by another ``sexist scandal`` when three of its personnel were accused of allegedly sending emails from their service computers, which degrade women and carry offensive and explicit content.
The Chief of Army, Lt General David Morrison, called this scandal bigger than the Skype scandal in which a female was filmed having sex with a fellow officer, reports News.com.au.
According to the report, around 100 other personnel are being investigated for sending similar emails to the women who were fellow Defence Force members, public servants and members of the public.
Lt Gen Morrison said that the evidence included reference to illicit drugs and highly inappropriate texts and images degrading to the women who were targeted.
The suspended personnel have breached the Defence Force Discipline Act and are now a subject of NSW police investigation. The report said that other suspected personnel investigated include many veteran officers and one Lieutenant Colonel to majors, captains, warrant officers and corporals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi