Bill Clinton bats for Obama in TV ad in key states
Washington: Former US President Bill Clinton on Thursday batted strongly for the re-election of incumbent Barack Obama in the November presidential elections by arguing that he has a plan to rebuild America from the ground up.
"President Obama has a plan to rebuild America from the ground up, investing in innovation, education and job training. It only works if there is a strong middle class." Clinton says in the television released.
Released by the Obama campaign, the advertisement "Clear Choice" will be run in the key battleground states of New Hampshire, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Colorado and Nevada.
Clinton in the advertisement notes that Obama is fighting for an economy built to last by investing in the resources it needs to rebuild America from the ground up - like innovation, education and job training - to keep the country moving forward.
Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, on the other hand, want to go back to the same top-down economics that cuts taxes for millionaires and billionaires paid for by raising taxes on middle-class families and lets Wall Street write its own rules, he alleges adding that the choice for the middle class couldn`t be clearer.
Notably, Clinton has featured in a number of Romney advertisements accusing Obama of "gutting" welfare reform.
These have been taken from the period when Clinton was campaigning for his wife, Hillary Clinton, now the Secretary of State, against Obama during the primaries in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire