Bill Clinton forced to join Twitter!
Washington: American political satirist and actor Stephen Colbert influenced former US President Bill Clinton to join Twitter.
In a recent sit down with Clinton, Colbert unveiled the Twitter account that he created for the 43rd president - @PrezBillyJeff.
According to ABC News, the segment, which aired on `The Colbert Report` on Monday, was shot on location during the Clinton Global Initiative University Meeting at Washington University in St. Louis.
Don`t forget to follow @ prezbillyjeff. I believe that as ex-president, everything he tweets carries the weight of law, Stephen Colbert (@StephenAtHome) April 9, 2013, wrote.
But when Colbert asked Clinton if he `tweets`, Clinton said he thinks he may be too insecure.
"What if you tweet and nobody tweets back?" Clinton asked, garnering laughs from the crowd, adding: "There`s nothing worse than a friendless tweeter, right? You`re just wandering around in cyberspace."
According to the report, Clinton admitted that his absence from Twitter may be a generational disconnect.
The @PrezBillyJeff account presently has over 66,000 followers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Cabinet gives nod to revised Indo-Cyprus DTAA
- AAP dares rebel leader Dharamvira Gandhi to resign as MP
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price