Bill Clinton forced to join Twitter!
Washington: American political satirist and actor Stephen Colbert influenced former US President Bill Clinton to join Twitter.
In a recent sit down with Clinton, Colbert unveiled the Twitter account that he created for the 43rd president - @PrezBillyJeff.
According to ABC News, the segment, which aired on `The Colbert Report` on Monday, was shot on location during the Clinton Global Initiative University Meeting at Washington University in St. Louis.
Don`t forget to follow @ prezbillyjeff. I believe that as ex-president, everything he tweets carries the weight of law, Stephen Colbert (@StephenAtHome) April 9, 2013, wrote.
But when Colbert asked Clinton if he `tweets`, Clinton said he thinks he may be too insecure.
"What if you tweet and nobody tweets back?" Clinton asked, garnering laughs from the crowd, adding: "There`s nothing worse than a friendless tweeter, right? You`re just wandering around in cyberspace."
According to the report, Clinton admitted that his absence from Twitter may be a generational disconnect.
The @PrezBillyJeff account presently has over 66,000 followers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees