Bill Clinton more popular than Barack Obama: Poll
Washington: Former US president Bill Clinton is currently more liked by Americans than both of his successors, according to the latest Gallop poll, in which Barack Obama stands at his lowest favourable rating.
While 61 percent of the Americans who polled viewed Clinton favourably, his successors Barack Obama and George W Bush scored 52 percent and 45 percent respectively, Gallup said in its latest opinion poll.
Moreover, in an indication of the fact that he was loved by party opponents as well, Democrats hold similar opinions about Clinton and Obama but Republicans and independents hold more positive views with regard to Clinton than the current President.
Partisan impressions of Bush and Obama are mirror images, according to the poll.
Independents, however, view Bush less favourably than Obama (37 percent vs 50 percent).
This is the first time in Gallup polling that Clinton`s favourable rating exceeds Obama`s. At the same time, Obama`s 52 percent favourable rating now ties his lowest since he entered the White House.
Obama`s favourable rating first fell to 52 percent in March, and has since stayed in that range, the poll said.
Clinton`s rating has increased considerably since the 2008 Presidential Election campaign (and before Hillary Clinton assumed the role of Secretary of State), rising to 61 percent from 52 percent in August 2008, the poll said.
Since 2008, Clinton`s favourable rating is up 10 percentage points among Democrats (from 79 percent to 89 percent), nine points among independents (from 51 percent to 60 percent), and 12 points among Republicans (from 18 percent to 30 percent).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid