Bill Clinton named Father of the Year
Washington: Bill Clinton was presented Father of the Year Award from the National Father`s Day Committee at a New York City luncheon, which benefitted international NGO Save the Children, on Tuesday.
According to Parade magazine, while receiving the award, the former President joked that his wife, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, even sent a short, congratulatory message to him earlier in the day, Us magazine reported.
He said that the text congratulated him, and said that he deserved this.
Bill asserted that in their family that was a very big deal.
The 66-year-old politician was presented the award by his daughter Chelsea , who said that for her husband, Marc Mezvinsky, the bar had been set very high by her father.
She said that she didn`t need an award to tell her that Bill is the best dad that she ever could have hoped for but was grateful that he was getting the recognition that she believed he always deserved.
Bill said that there are a million people who are equally or more deserving of the Father of the Year title, but there was no one to whom it meant more.
He added that the people could never have picked anyone happier as seeing his daughter still made him happier than anything else in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS