Bill Clinton still most popular politician in America
Washington: Twelve years after leaving the presidency, former president Bill Clinton is still the most popular politician in America.
According to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, 55 percent of those polled held a positive view of Clinton, while only 23 percent had a negative view, the best ratio of any of the politicians or political parties polled.
Only two other political figures, President Barack Obama and former Arkansas GOP governor Mike Huckabee, had net positive ratings, Politico reports.
Obama has a 47 percent positive rating and a 41 percent negative rating, while Huckabee scored at 26 percent positive and 25 percent negative.
Among the potential Republican presidential challengers in 2012, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin had the highest positive rating at 30 percent.
She, however, also had the highest negative rating, 48 percent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs