`Bill Clinton treats George HW Bush like a father`
Washington: The US former first lady has lavished praise on former president Bill Clinton, who defeated George HW Bush in 1992, calling him ‘a good fellow’ who is ‘very thoughtful about calling’.
Barbara Bush, during an interview with Parade Magazine, even revealed that her sons, including George W Bush, call Clinton ‘My brother by another mother’.
“He never said a mean word about anyone,” The New York Daily News quoted Barbara, as saying.
“He’s very nice. I think he thinks of George [Sr] as the father he never had,” she added.
According to the paper, her husband echoed the warm feelings for his former rival.
“He knows a lot about everything,” George HW Bush told the magazine.
“He`s a very knowledgeable, bright man. He sat out here one time, and we talked about every possible [subject] one after another,” he added.
According to the paper, the unlikely friendship between Clinton and his predecessor began in 2004, when the two ex-presidents joined forces to raise money for the victims of the Indian Ocean tsunami.
The two quickly set aside differences and the wounds inflicted by the vicious 1992 race as they travelled the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters
- Do you want to work for the Narendra Modi Government? Apply here
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan