`Bill Clinton treats George HW Bush like a father`
Washington: The US former first lady has lavished praise on former president Bill Clinton, who defeated George HW Bush in 1992, calling him ‘a good fellow’ who is ‘very thoughtful about calling’.
Barbara Bush, during an interview with Parade Magazine, even revealed that her sons, including George W Bush, call Clinton ‘My brother by another mother’.
“He never said a mean word about anyone,” The New York Daily News quoted Barbara, as saying.
“He’s very nice. I think he thinks of George [Sr] as the father he never had,” she added.
According to the paper, her husband echoed the warm feelings for his former rival.
“He knows a lot about everything,” George HW Bush told the magazine.
“He`s a very knowledgeable, bright man. He sat out here one time, and we talked about every possible [subject] one after another,” he added.
According to the paper, the unlikely friendship between Clinton and his predecessor began in 2004, when the two ex-presidents joined forces to raise money for the victims of the Indian Ocean tsunami.
The two quickly set aside differences and the wounds inflicted by the vicious 1992 race as they travelled the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next