Bin Laden kin knew of `something big` pre-9/11
New York: An FBI agent says Osama bin Laden`s son-in-law and al-Qaida spokesman said he heard before the September 11, 2001 attacks that "something big was going to happen," but he didn`t know what it was.
Special Agent Michael Butsch testified today at Sulaiman Abu Ghaith`s New York trial. Butsch recounted statements Abu Ghaith allegedly made after his capture last year.
Butsch says Abu Ghaith said he`d heard while visiting al-Qaida training camps in Afghanistan in summer 2001 that something major was planned but didn`t know of any specific plan to attack the United States.
Abu Ghaith is the highest-ranking al-Qaida figure to face trial on US soil since the September 11 attacks.
He has pleaded not guilty to conspiring to kill Americans and of providing material support to al-Qaida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'