Bin Laden kin knew of `something big` pre-9/11
New York: An FBI agent says Osama bin Laden`s son-in-law and al-Qaida spokesman said he heard before the September 11, 2001 attacks that "something big was going to happen," but he didn`t know what it was.
Special Agent Michael Butsch testified today at Sulaiman Abu Ghaith`s New York trial. Butsch recounted statements Abu Ghaith allegedly made after his capture last year.
Butsch says Abu Ghaith said he`d heard while visiting al-Qaida training camps in Afghanistan in summer 2001 that something major was planned but didn`t know of any specific plan to attack the United States.
Abu Ghaith is the highest-ranking al-Qaida figure to face trial on US soil since the September 11 attacks.
He has pleaded not guilty to conspiring to kill Americans and of providing material support to al-Qaida.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics