Black US teen attacks white man ‘for listening to rap music’
Melbourne: A Black Palm Bay teenager, who attacked a white man because he was listening to rap music, could end up being charged with a hate crime.
According to WFTV.com, Florida police said Joshuah Lamb, 14, allegedly punched 22-year-old David McKnight because he did not think white people should listen to that type of music.
McKnight was on the sidewalk listening to ‘Wasted’ by Gucci Mane on a stereo before the incident.
“The argument involved the black male suspect saying, ‘You shouldn’t be listening to rap music because you’re white’,” News.com.au quoted Palm Bay police spokeswoman Yvonne Martinez as saying.
“The victim said he can listen to whatever type of music he wanted to and then the fist fight was on,” she revealed.
McKnight said he did not fight back, but was not able to get away fast enough either, as he was spat on, punched, knocked down, and kicked by them.
Lamb was reportedly with seven friends at the time, and he did not heed the pleas of McKnight to just drop it.
“I feel it`s a racial thing really,” added McKnight.
He suffered a broken toe, concussion, a swollen eye and strangulation marks around his neck.
Officers later arrested Lamb on battery charges, and he is now being held in a juvenile detention centre, awaiting state prosecutors decision on what he should be charged with.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister