Blackmail inquiry reveals foul-mouthed Berlusconi
Rome: Italian police arrested a businessman
on Thursday on charges of extorting money from Premier Silvio
Berlusconi in return for cooperating in a probe over
recruiting prostitutes to attend wild parties at Berlusconi`s
Giampaolo Tarantini and his wife Angela Devenuto were
picked up in Rome on Thursday morning, police in Naples said.
Berlusconi is not under investigation.
Tarantini has admitted he paid a high-end prostitute,
Patrizia D`Addario, and other women to attend parties at
Berlusconi`s residences, but insists the premier didn`t know.
He is currently under investigation in Bari for allegedly
aiding and abetting prostitution.
Naples Prosecutor Francesco Greco said Tarantini had
forced Berlusconi to pay his family legal and housing costs in
exchange for Tarantino`s cooperation in the Bari prostitution
Specifically, Greco alleges that Berlusconi`s payment was
designed to ensure that Tarantino entered a plea bargain in
the Bari case rather than letting it go to trial. Such a move
would limit the publication of possibly embarrassing telephone
intercepts concerning the women who went to Berlusconi`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs
- 48 hours on, Indian Air Force's AN 32 still untraceable; families of missing officials pray for good news
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside