Blackmail inquiry reveals foul-mouthed Berlusconi
Rome: Italian police arrested a businessman
on Thursday on charges of extorting money from Premier Silvio
Berlusconi in return for cooperating in a probe over
recruiting prostitutes to attend wild parties at Berlusconi`s
Giampaolo Tarantini and his wife Angela Devenuto were
picked up in Rome on Thursday morning, police in Naples said.
Berlusconi is not under investigation.
Tarantini has admitted he paid a high-end prostitute,
Patrizia D`Addario, and other women to attend parties at
Berlusconi`s residences, but insists the premier didn`t know.
He is currently under investigation in Bari for allegedly
aiding and abetting prostitution.
Naples Prosecutor Francesco Greco said Tarantini had
forced Berlusconi to pay his family legal and housing costs in
exchange for Tarantino`s cooperation in the Bari prostitution
Specifically, Greco alleges that Berlusconi`s payment was
designed to ensure that Tarantino entered a plea bargain in
the Bari case rather than letting it go to trial. Such a move
would limit the publication of possibly embarrassing telephone
intercepts concerning the women who went to Berlusconi`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why