Blair earns £710K from mysterious web of companies
London: Former UK prime minister Tony Blair earned a profit of at least GBP 710,000 last year, it can be revealed.
The profits came from a mysterious web of companies set up to further his business interests, reports the Telegraph.
His firms also declared net assets of GBP 2.2 million - four times what they were worth last year - suggesting Blair`s "pulling power" is as strong as ever.
The profits were declared to Companies House as it closed for business for Christmas last week.
The money, funnelled through an "opaque" and highly complex web of financial structures, is believed to have come from his often controversial private work, including his six-figure speaking fees, his banking and insurance consultancies, including work for JP Morgan, and his pay from advising Middle Eastern and African regimes.
Blair has a commercial consultancy, called Tony Blair Associates, plus paid jobs advising a US bank and a Swiss insurer.
In addition, millions of pounds have passed through two parallel company structures, called Windrush Ventures and Firerush Ventures, in the last three years.
Blair, who has made at least GBP 20 million since leaving Downing Street, has so far refused to discuss what these financial structures, centred on a pair of mysterious limited partnerships, are for.
What Firerush does is still a mystery, the several companies linked to Blair with that name have yet to make any financial declarations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'