Blast at Chinese university: One killed, three hurt
Beijing: One person was killed and three others were injured on Tuesday in an explosion at a university in Nanjing, capital of east China`s Jiangsu Province.
The explosion took place in a disused laboratory at the Nanjing University of Science and Technology, destroying the lab and shattering windows in nearby homes, according to the municipal fire department, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The university said the explosion occurred while the lab was being demolished by a construction crew.
Rescue efforts are under way and the cause of the explosion is being investigated, local police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race