Blast at Chinese university: One killed, three hurt
Beijing: One person was killed and three others were injured on Tuesday in an explosion at a university in Nanjing, capital of east China`s Jiangsu Province.
The explosion took place in a disused laboratory at the Nanjing University of Science and Technology, destroying the lab and shattering windows in nearby homes, according to the municipal fire department, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The university said the explosion occurred while the lab was being demolished by a construction crew.
Rescue efforts are under way and the cause of the explosion is being investigated, local police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!