Blast at Chinese university: One killed, three hurt
Beijing: One person was killed and three others were injured on Tuesday in an explosion at a university in Nanjing, capital of east China`s Jiangsu Province.
The explosion took place in a disused laboratory at the Nanjing University of Science and Technology, destroying the lab and shattering windows in nearby homes, according to the municipal fire department, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The university said the explosion occurred while the lab was being demolished by a construction crew.
Rescue efforts are under way and the cause of the explosion is being investigated, local police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?