Blast at Davos hotel, no injuries: Swiss police
Davos: A small blast shattered two windows
but caused no injuries at a hotel near where top business and
political leaders are attending the World Economic Forum,
Swiss police said on Thursday.
The explosion happened in a storage room of the Posthotel
Morosani shortly after 9 am local time (0800 GMT) today,
regional police spokesman Thomas Hobi told said.
He said federal prosecutors are investigating whether the
blast has a criminal origin.
The hotel is just over a mile (around 2 kilometers) from
the main venue of the annual gathering in the Alpine ski
resort of Davos. A Forum-related lunch focusing on organized
crime, called ``Criminals Without Borders`` was scheduled at
the hotel at noon, with speakers including Colombian President
Juan Manuel Santos and Robert Wainwright, the director of
Europol, or European Police.
There is tight security at the World Economic Forum as
left-wing groups plan to hold a protest this weekend against
the annual meeting of political and business leaders and
Anonymous flyers circulated at a demonstration last week
in the northeastern Swiss town of St. Gallen urged activist to
The flyer says: ``Let us fight together against the
unbearable propaganda of capitalism.``
In previous years violent activists have stayed away from
the chic ski resort and staged violent demonstrations
elsewhere in Switzerland instead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'