Blast at Davos hotel, no injuries: Swiss police
Davos: A small blast shattered two windows
but caused no injuries at a hotel near where top business and
political leaders are attending the World Economic Forum,
Swiss police said on Thursday.
The explosion happened in a storage room of the Posthotel
Morosani shortly after 9 am local time (0800 GMT) today,
regional police spokesman Thomas Hobi told said.
He said federal prosecutors are investigating whether the
blast has a criminal origin.
The hotel is just over a mile (around 2 kilometers) from
the main venue of the annual gathering in the Alpine ski
resort of Davos. A Forum-related lunch focusing on organized
crime, called ``Criminals Without Borders`` was scheduled at
the hotel at noon, with speakers including Colombian President
Juan Manuel Santos and Robert Wainwright, the director of
Europol, or European Police.
There is tight security at the World Economic Forum as
left-wing groups plan to hold a protest this weekend against
the annual meeting of political and business leaders and
Anonymous flyers circulated at a demonstration last week
in the northeastern Swiss town of St. Gallen urged activist to
The flyer says: ``Let us fight together against the
unbearable propaganda of capitalism.``
In previous years violent activists have stayed away from
the chic ski resort and staged violent demonstrations
elsewhere in Switzerland instead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Is ginger the new pill for morning sickness?
- Uber rolls out upfront fares in India, US
- Bihar's Nirbhaya case: Prime accused in Motihari gang-rape arrested
- Brexit Vote: UK decides to quit European Union; PM David Cameron to resign
- BJD members stone Textile Minister Santosh Gangwar’s car in Odisha, MLA arrested