Blast destroys Egypt intelligence building
Moscow: A powerful explosion on the Egyptian side of the town of Rafah divided between Egypt and the Gaza Strip destroyed a part of a building used by Egyptian intelligence, Al Arabiya reported Sunday.
There have been no immediate reports on any casualties caused by the blast.
A large number of security personnel were deployed at the scene of the explosion, cordoning off the area and searching for possible explosives that had not been detonated.
Egypt has been fighting Islamist militants in Sinai for several months now. The collapse of the former Egyptian regime and the deterioration of security conditions in Egypt have created a security vacuum in the desert peninsula exploited by armed militants seeking to launch attacks both against Egyptian and Israeli forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video