Blast destroys Egypt intelligence building
Moscow: A powerful explosion on the Egyptian side of the town of Rafah divided between Egypt and the Gaza Strip destroyed a part of a building used by Egyptian intelligence, Al Arabiya reported Sunday.
There have been no immediate reports on any casualties caused by the blast.
A large number of security personnel were deployed at the scene of the explosion, cordoning off the area and searching for possible explosives that had not been detonated.
Egypt has been fighting Islamist militants in Sinai for several months now. The collapse of the former Egyptian regime and the deterioration of security conditions in Egypt have created a security vacuum in the desert peninsula exploited by armed militants seeking to launch attacks both against Egyptian and Israeli forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth