Blast destroys Egypt intelligence building
Moscow: A powerful explosion on the Egyptian side of the town of Rafah divided between Egypt and the Gaza Strip destroyed a part of a building used by Egyptian intelligence, Al Arabiya reported Sunday.
There have been no immediate reports on any casualties caused by the blast.
A large number of security personnel were deployed at the scene of the explosion, cordoning off the area and searching for possible explosives that had not been detonated.
Egypt has been fighting Islamist militants in Sinai for several months now. The collapse of the former Egyptian regime and the deterioration of security conditions in Egypt have created a security vacuum in the desert peninsula exploited by armed militants seeking to launch attacks both against Egyptian and Israeli forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal