Blast destroys Egypt intelligence building
Moscow: A powerful explosion on the Egyptian side of the town of Rafah divided between Egypt and the Gaza Strip destroyed a part of a building used by Egyptian intelligence, Al Arabiya reported Sunday.
There have been no immediate reports on any casualties caused by the blast.
A large number of security personnel were deployed at the scene of the explosion, cordoning off the area and searching for possible explosives that had not been detonated.
Egypt has been fighting Islamist militants in Sinai for several months now. The collapse of the former Egyptian regime and the deterioration of security conditions in Egypt have created a security vacuum in the desert peninsula exploited by armed militants seeking to launch attacks both against Egyptian and Israeli forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan