Blast in Damascus kills judge
Damascus: A judge was killed in the Syrian capital Damascus Wednesday when an explosion ripped through his car, Xinhua reported.
According to a pro-government radio, the incident occurred in the Barzeh district killing the judge instantly.
The blast came just hours after four mortar shells struck the Al-Mazzeh 86 district in Damascus causing material damage and injuring a few people.
The Mazzeh 86 area is dominated by people of the Alawite minority, to which Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and the ruling elites belong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj