Blast in Damascus kills judge
Damascus: A judge was killed in the Syrian capital Damascus Wednesday when an explosion ripped through his car, Xinhua reported.
According to a pro-government radio, the incident occurred in the Barzeh district killing the judge instantly.
The blast came just hours after four mortar shells struck the Al-Mazzeh 86 district in Damascus causing material damage and injuring a few people.
The Mazzeh 86 area is dominated by people of the Alawite minority, to which Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and the ruling elites belong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi