Blast in Damascus kills judge
Damascus: A judge was killed in the Syrian capital Damascus Wednesday when an explosion ripped through his car, Xinhua reported.
According to a pro-government radio, the incident occurred in the Barzeh district killing the judge instantly.
The blast came just hours after four mortar shells struck the Al-Mazzeh 86 district in Damascus causing material damage and injuring a few people.
The Mazzeh 86 area is dominated by people of the Alawite minority, to which Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and the ruling elites belong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon