Blast in Damascus kills judge
Damascus: A judge was killed in the Syrian capital Damascus Wednesday when an explosion ripped through his car, Xinhua reported.
According to a pro-government radio, the incident occurred in the Barzeh district killing the judge instantly.
The blast came just hours after four mortar shells struck the Al-Mazzeh 86 district in Damascus causing material damage and injuring a few people.
The Mazzeh 86 area is dominated by people of the Alawite minority, to which Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and the ruling elites belong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand